The RSA603A is a compact spectrum analyzer meant for lab or production line use with a frequency range of 9 kHz to 3.0 GHz. The user interface and display resides on a user-provided PC running SignalVu-PC software or a user-developed application. The host PC provides all power, control, and data signals over the USB 3.0 cable included with the instrument. An available SW API is provided to allow you to create your own custom signal processing application. A self guided demo board and guide can be found here RSA-DKIT.
Signal processing while running SignalVu-PC software provides real-time processing of for general signal analysis, analog modulation analysis, and RF measurements. This software can be programmed through the program’s interface or through the use of the included application programming interface (API). Post processing analysis of large sets of recorded data can be performed across multiple sets using DataVu-PC software.
The optional tracking generator enables gain/loss measurements for quick tests of filters, duplexers and other network elements, and the user can add cable and antenna measurements of VSWR, return loss, distance to fault and cable loss as needed.
Front panel inputs/outputs are: RF IN N connector (50Ω; ± 40V DC, +33 dBm max); RF Out/REFL In N connector (Tracking generator source connector); Ref In BNC connector (External frequency reference) ; Trig In BNC connector (10k Ω input; 5V TTL 10); ANT In SMA connector (To connect optional GPS/GNSS antenna); and USB 3.0 USB connector (USB 3.0 Type A connector) .
Rear panel input: US Power Plug (115 V nominal); Noise Source Drive BNC connector (28 V DC Out 140 mA Max). The Noise Source Drive doesn’t appear to be implemented as of yet but more information it can be gleaned from the Agilent Technologies document Noise Figure Measurement Personality Guide.
|Frequency Range||9 kHz to 3.0 GHz|
|RF Input impedance||50 Ω|
|Maximum Safe Input Power||+33 dBm ± 40V DC Max, RF Attn ≥20 dB|
|Input RF Attenuator||0 dB to 51 dB (1 dB step)|
|Dynamic Range (Spurious Free)||70 dB|
|Reference Level Range||-170 dBm to +40 dBm (0.1 dB step)|
|Sweep Speed (Full speed)||70 GHz/sec (RBW: 1 MHz); 60 GHz/sec (RBW: 100 kHz); 15.7 GHz/sec (RBW: 10 kHz); 1.7 GHz/sec (RBW: 1 kHz)|
|Acquisition (IF) Bandwidth||40 MHz|
|Real-Time IF Acq Data and Bit Width||112 Ms/s, 16 bits|
|Minimum Signal Duration for 100% POI||27 µsec to 40 MHz|
|Trigger Threshold Range||0 dB to -50 dB from reference level, for trigger levels > 30 dB above noise floor|
|Trigger Types||Rising edge, falling edge, schmitt|
|Trigger Levels||Positive-going: 1.6 V min, 2.1 V max; Negative-going: 1.0 V min, 1.35 V max|
|Displayed Average Noise (Preamp off)||−130 dBm/Hz to −145 dBm/Hz|
|Phase Noise (1 GHz CF)||≤-94 dBc/Hz to ≤-116 dBc/Hz|
|Included Accessories||Quick-Start manual; USB 3.0 cable (2 M); Screw lock; connector covers; Shoulder strap; Carrying case (with room for unit, tablet, accessories); Power core; SignalVu-PC software, API and documentation file, and USB memory|
|Weight||2.79 kg (6.15 lbs)|
|Power & Dissipation (fully loaded)||115V (nom US), 45 W max|
|Operating Atmospherics||Temperatures: -10 °C to +55 °C; Humidity: 5% to 95% from +10 °C to +30 °C; Altitude: Up to 3000 m (9842 ft)|
- Opt. 04: Tracking generator (9 kHz to 3.0 GHz)
- Opt. C3: Calibration Service 3 Years
- Opt. C5: Calibration Service 5 Years
- Opt. D1: Calibration Data Report
- Opt. D3: Calibration Data Report 3 Years (with Opt. C3)
- Opt. D5: Calibration Data Report 5 Years (with Opt. C5)
- Opt. R5: Repair Service 5 Years (including warranty)
- Panasonic FZ-G1 Toughpad tablet controller: Recommended for portable field applications (https://na.panasonic.com/us/computers-tablets-handhelds/tablets/tablets/toughpad-fz-g1)
- Many more Adapters, Attenuators, 50/75 Ω pads, Antennas, EMC accessories, Filters, Probes, and the RSA-DKIT Demonstration board. Review datasheet for details.
- An excellent review of the RSA600 Series Spectrum Analyzer can be watched here but also includes tests being done to show how it works in real world measurement situations: